Revers Osmosis System (RO)
Reverse Osmosis / RO is a process to remove dissolved solids and impurities from water using a semi-permeable RO membrane which allows the passage of water but leaves the mass of dissolved solids and other contaminants in reject water. The RO membranes require water to be under high pressure (greater than osmotic pressure) to pass water. The water that passes through the RO membrane is called to as the “permeate (Product)” and the dissolved salts that are rejected by the RO membrane is called to as the ” Reject (concentrate)”. A properly run RO system can remove up to 99.5% of incoming dissolved salts and impurities.
ASWS considers your inlet water quality and capacity requirements and offers you best option combination. This option is dependent on different flux rates, pump selction, type of membrane and raw water quality. We gives the right solutions, cost effective running cost and optimised capital costs.
Pure water technology
We offer complete system capabilities including evaluation and design services, state of the art equipment utilizing membrane and ion exchange technology and expert field service.
Total system capability RO Systems include:
- Ultra low pressure membranes – reduce power consumption by 30% or more
- Membranes – alternate membranes including nano-filtration (NH), seawater (SW), cellulose acetate (CA) and softening membranes are available
- Two-pass RO – produce ultrapure water at low cost
- Pretreatment equipment – filters, softeners, chemical feed systems, UV sterilizers, ultra-filtration (UF) and microfiltration (MP) systems are available to prevent scaling and fouling the RO membranes
- Post treatment equipment – degasifiers, chemical feedsystems and UV sterilizers are provided to assure that the product water is within specifications
- Deionizers – polish the RD product water to meet application specifications including ultrapure water
- metal finishing and plating operations
- printed circuit board and semiconductor manufacturing
- electroplating processes
- automotive manufacturing
- cleaning and painting
- food and beverage
- reuse and reduction of BOD prior to discharge
- groundwater and landfill leachate
- removal of salts and heavy metals prior to discharge